Welcome to Mother/Gamer/Writer for the Sweet on You Blog Tour. For today’s tour stop, check out Heather’s review of this scrumptious novel, and enter to win a copy!
Title: Sweet On You (Laurel Heights, #6)
Author: Kate Perry
Publisher: Phoenix Rising Enterprises, Inc
Publication date: 12/16/2012
Review Source: Blog Tour
Grab It: B & N/ Amazon
Sugar and spice and everything…naughty?
Pastry-chef-to-the-stars Daniela Rossi wants one thing: the abandoned building South of Market. Turning it into a soup kitchen for the homeless is the only thing that’s excited her in months. And Daniella needs to feel again. Until she finds herself feeling too much – for the man who’s competition for the property.
Ruthless entrepreneur Nico Cruz wants one thing: the abandoned SOMA building he grew up in, where his brother was killed. Destroying it is the only thing that will set his brother’s soul at peace. And Nico always gets what he wants. But Daniela’s sweet temptation makes him question what it will take to soothe his own soul.
Fortunately, in this bidding war, all’s fair…
Sweet is exactly how you’ll feel after reading this duel romance, Sweet on You. It is essentially two love stories in one that keeps your toes curling page after page. The pace is also very quick, so it’s a great weekend read.
Because it is shorter than usual, I’ll allow the synopsis to do most of the talking. I’ll jump right into my likes/dislikes of the story as a whole, but in all, I really enjoyed this contemporary romance as is, and I look forward to picking up more of the author’s works. If they are written like this one, I know I will love them too.
- Two story lines meant double the romance.
- Descriptive without being erotic.
- Loved the food analogies and felt it really pulled the story along.
- Fell in love with the soup kitchen struggle.
- I felt horrible for Tony (Antonio) in the end because he instantly became a third, erm… fifth wheel. Granted he deserved it after his behavior toward his sister, and to an extent the woman who he ignored but had drooled over him for years. However, with that said, maybe he’ll get his own book in the future.
- Finally, I wanted more, so I purposely put the book down because I knew the story would end, and i didn’t want it to….Ok so this isn’t really a bad thing, but I wanted to keep reading!
Overall, Sweet On You is a real scrumptious treat that I highly recommend! It’s cute, charming, and a food loving good time.
5 out of 5 Sweet Controllers
Kate has tangoed at midnight with a man in blue furry chaps, dueled with flaming swords in the desert, and strutted on bar tops across the world and back. She’s been kissed under the Eiffel Tower, had her butt pinched in Florence, and been serenaded in New Orleans. But she found Happy Ever After in San Francisco with her Magic Man.
Kate’s the bestselling author of the Laurel Heights Novels, as well as the Family and Love and Guardians of Destiny series. She’s been translated into several languages and is quite proud to say she’s big in Slovenia. All her books are about strong, independent women who just want love.
Most days, you can find Kate in her favorite café, working on her latest novel. Sometimes she’s wearing a tutu. She may or may not have a jeweled dagger strapped to her thigh…
For more on Kate, visit:
© 2013, Mother/Gamer/Writer. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll - MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- #Unboxing Arcade Block Dec. 2014: Halo, Super Smash Bros & Portal 2! - January 5, 2015
- Review: The Island-A Dystopian Novella: (The Island Series #1) by Jen Minkman - January 2, 2015
- Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2015: January-March Link Up - January 2, 2015
- Waiting on Wednesday #76: City of Savages by Lee Kelly - December 31, 2014
- Review & Giveaway: Forbidden (Forbidden #1) by Kimberley Griffiths Little - December 30, 2014