Bloodcurdling Video Games:
Resident Evil, despite belief, did not begin as an amazing movie franchise. Nope, it began folks as Survival Horror Video Game by Capcom. Now a household name, Resident Evil is still my go to game when I want to be scared, battle some crazy zombies, or just work on my headshots. I’ve always loved the series from the beginning even though, it’s been getting bad reviews lately for taking the ‘survival horror’ part out of the game. I still think it’s a great series, that will be around for generations to come. And as long as there are games you know we will get more movies with the totally awesome Milla Jovovich! Whoot!
Holy crap what a game! F.E.A.R. is a first-person shooter, psychological horror game by Monolith Productions. When I first played F.E.A.R. 2, I remember sitting at home alone in my apartment in the dead of night eager to see what it was all about. I love being scared and putting myself to the test, so when I saw the trailer for this game, I HAD to have it. Needless to say, after the first mission, I was finished (for the night at least). I’d never been more scared of a game in my life, and still when I think about the disturbing Alma and how she reminds me of the girl from the movie “The Ring,” I get chills trickling down my spine. It’s also reminiscent of Japanese style horror and I think that helps give it its own flavor and put it a notch above the rest. It’s definitely a game I highly recommend.
Several months ago, I reviewed the novel, Alan Wake inspired by the Xbox 360 video game of the same name developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by Microsoft Game Studios. At the extreme urging by some of my gamer buddies, I purchased an old copy of this game at my local Game Stop. I had no expectations; heck, I didn’t even expect it to be scary. But boy was I ever wrong. Alan Wake is one of those rare games that comes along and surprises you tremendously. It’s innovative, fresh, and proves psychological horror is freaking awesome and extremely scary! I will not go into detail about the game because it is something you need to experience for yourself; however, I will say this…do not play it alone, in the dark, or with the lights off. Better yet, do play in those conditions and see if you survive!
Have you ever played a game that was just weird? How about weird and scary? If not, then test the waters of SCP-087. The game is really simple, follow the stairway and get to the door. However, its dark, things might happen, there is strange music. I can’t say much else about it except go play it. It’s available for direct download at the following LINK.
US Prize Pack –
International Prize Pack –
If You Missed It:
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show
© 2012, Diayll – MotherGamerWriter. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll – MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14 – May 18, 2013
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming – May 17, 2013
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry – May 16, 2013
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show – May 15, 2013
- Digital Comic Books Give Fans a New and Exciting Experience – May 15, 2013