- Title: Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy, #2)
- Author: J.J. Bonds
- ISBN-10: 1479202967
- ISBN-13: 978-1479202966
- Publication date: August 28th 2012
- Review Source: Author for Honest Review
- Find It: Goodreads/ Amazon
Katia’s done running. She’s fought fiercely to protect her identity, her secrets, and those she loves most. And while it hasn’t been easy, she’s finally making peace with the past. Katia’s even looking forward to the start of a new school year at Crossroads Academy.
Too bad things at Crossroads are going to be a little different this fall. There are new rules, new students, and new relationships. Katia quickly discovers that navigating the halls of Crossroads is as complicated as ever.
When a friend’s life is at stake, Katia will be forced to choose between the safety of Crossroads and an enemy more dangerous than any she’s ever faced. Will Katia have the courage to risk it all -including her life- for a friend?
My Thoughts on Red Dawn:
So loving’ the Crossroads Academy series! Just finished Red Dawn, the second book in the series and I can’t wait to see what happens next. As in the first book, Red Dawn is written in the first person present. As many of my readers know, I’m not always a huge fan of this POV. Mainly, and I admit, because I’m not used to it, but also because if it’s not done right it just takes away from the story. However, Bonds did an awesome job writing in this perspective. The story and the writing just drew me in right away.
Red Dawn picks itself up after the summer has already passed; as the kids are all coming back to Crossroads. But this time the main bulk of the story doesn’t take place there. While the ending is kind of a cliffie it wasn’t too bad, plus it leads into a perfect set up for the next novel, so I’ll forgive. Also, I love the budding romance between Nic and Katia. They are funny and cute together.
The only thing that really had me wondering…and this will be kind of a spoiler…is how Katia and Nic were able to basically disappear from school and no one noticed. I know some of the school officials did, but I kept wondering why Aldo didn’t send someone out looking for Katia when he couldn’t get in contact with her. It just strikes me as odd that he just sat around not doing anything about it.
Other than that, overall I really enjoyed this one. Maybe not as much as the first one, but it has still kept me interested in finding out what happens to Katia and her friends. I give it a 4 out of 5. Definitely recommend picking this one up!
4 out of 5 Controllers
If You Missed It:
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show
- Digital Comic Books Give Fans a New and Exciting Experience
© 2012, Diayll – MotherGamerWriter. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll – MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14 – May 18, 2013
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming – May 17, 2013
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry – May 16, 2013
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show – May 15, 2013
- Digital Comic Books Give Fans a New and Exciting Experience – May 15, 2013