Welcome to the Mother/Gamer/Writer Indie Spotlight, a creative way for self-published authors to shine on the blog. To learn more about the Indie Spotlight, please feel free to view interviews and articles from Past Featured Authors, and if you are an author yourself and you are interested in being featured, please Fill Out This Form.
Today’s Indie Spotlight author is paranormal romance author, Carolina Courtland. If you can recall – or if you missed it – Carolina was on the blog in June with an awesome Guest Post on “The Top Ten Mistakes You’re Making With Her Right Now”. You can read the article AT THIS POST! To conclude her feature, check out Jennifer’s review of Sweet Savage Blood, a vampire romance. A sultry tale that will leave you wishing for more!
- Title: Sweet Savage Blood, a vampire romance
- Author: Carolina Courtland
- ISBN-13: 9781475012637
- Publisher: CreateSpace
- Publication date: 3/8/2012
- Pages: 368
- Find it: Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble
Dominique is a typical teen in a boring Texas town, where the most exciting thing is the annual turnip green festival. When the charismatic Caden Hanover enrolls in her high school, her life takes a heart-pounding turn. From the moment she sees Caden, she is irresistibly drawn to him. She has no idea that not only is he a vampire, but that he knows she is the reincarnation of his human wife—the wife he hasn’t seen in almost two hundred years. He is determined to reestablish their passionate love. He won’t stop until he claims Dominique as his own—and eventually makes her his vampire bride.
Sweet Savage Blood is a story of
undying love sweeping across time from the 19th century to the 21st century.
My Thoughts on Sweet Savage Blood:
In the fall of 1850, Caden Hanover met the love of his life, a young woman by the name of Dominique. The two married and lived a life together until her death sometime later. Two hundred years later, he sees her crossing the street at a stop light. After following her home, he enrolls in her high school in order to get closer. His plans become complicated when he discovers her best friend Madison is a slayer, a vampire slayer.
This story started out great and progressively got better with every turn of the page. Sweet Savage Blood tells of an immense love that lasted the span of two hundred years, but it is also the story of a forbidden romance between a vampire and a vampire slayer. A vampire slayer who happens to be the best vampire slayer the vampire world has ever seen. The novel keeps you captive and thoroughly engaged with a great plot and interesting characters. Once I started, I could not tear my eyes from the pages and was heartbroken when it was over. Yes, it will leave you longing for more.
If you enjoy sultry tales from multiple points of view, check out Sweet Savage Blood by Carolina Courtland for your next vampire fix.
4.5 out of 5 Controllers
About the Author:
Author Carolina Courtland grew up reading old romance novels like Angelique and the King, Savage Surrender and Shanna in the family camper in the backyard. It was a way to ensure privacy because no one in her family wanted to bother walking out to the backyard, especially in the winter. Inspired by the passion and fire of the traditional romances, which typically don't have explicit details, she decided to bring the old style of writing to a paranormal fantasy for all ages. Living in Texas, she rescues animals, is an animal rights activist and a gourmet cook.
If You Missed It:
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show
- Digital Comic Books Give Fans a New and Exciting Experience
© 2012, Diayll – MotherGamerWriter. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll – MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14 – May 18, 2013
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming – May 17, 2013
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry – May 16, 2013
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show – May 15, 2013
- Digital Comic Books Give Fans a New and Exciting Experience – May 15, 2013