This Tour is Brought to You By: AToMR Book Blog Tours
You Can Find the Entire Tour Schedule HERE
Welcome to Mother/Gamer/Writer for the Blood of Anteros Blog Tour, the first novel in a new YA paranormal series. Today, please enjoy our review of this realistic and heart-wrenching love affair, and enter the awesome giveaway to win a PRINT copy!
- Title: Blood of Anteros (The Vampire Agápe, #1)
- Author: Georgia Cates
- ISBN-10: 1477589627
- ISBN-13: 978-1477589625
- Publisher: Georgia Cates
- Publication date: 10/23/2011
- Series: The Vampire Agápe Series , #1
- Find it: Goodreads / Amazon / B & N
Cruel circumstances turned Curry Brennan into the wretched monster he hates and refuses to accept, but when an expected turn of events releases him from the bond of his obsessive maker, he returns to the home he knew 161 years earlier and finds the return of happiness and joy in something he didn’t know existed. Puzzled by his growing attraction to Chansey Leclaire, a human, he is unable to resist the captivating relationship that threatens to reveal his existence as a vampire. He eventually discovers the reason he was destined to find what he didn’t know he searched for and is faced with the cruel realization that the living and the immortal undead will always be separated by one thing. Eternity.
My Thoughts on Blood of Anteros:
Anytime I’m sent a vampire book, I get a little nervous. Most end up with the same plot lines, boy meets girl, they fall in inevitable love, yet the boy is tortured by his own immortality and self-hate. Something happens to make the girl suspicious, she starts digging, finds out he is a vampire, and insanity ensues. When it came to Blood of Anteros, while in most ways I was right, I was pleasantly surprised to find that in many ways, I was wrong.
Curry Brennan is very much the brooding, self-loathing, vampire I expected him to be, however the hate he held for his maker, Marsala, was a bigger surprise. Living as a 26 year-old in the 1800’s, Curry only dreamed of becoming a husband and father, living out his life in peace. His dreams were shattered when Marsala made him a monster, a vampire. Though she did this out of love, he still despised her with every fiber of his immortal being. When his hatred for her reaches a boiling point, Curry decides to escape the only way he can, suicide.
On the night Curry intends to carry out his death, things take an unexpected turn, and instead of meeting death, he finds freedom. Deciding to go to the place of his birth, he meets Chansey Leclaire. After befriending her, he falls in love and realizes the dreams he had as a human may still become a reality. However, when outside forces close in, threatening his newfound happiness, Curry is forced to accept the fact that Chansey is not entirely what she appears to be.
Something else that surprised me – in a good way – was the meeting between Curry and Chansey. Unlike most stories, it was not an earth shattering, stars aligning moment. It was a typical, two people meet, they are attracted to one another, but unsure of the others feelings. It was very warm and realistic, something many recent YA novels tend to lack. Moreover, it is this realism, along with Curry’s strong voice, that drew me in and kept me hanging on until the very last page. I loved every minute of their story and love affair, and am so very glad not all vampire novels are the same.
4 out of 5 Controllers
Check Out The Book Trailer:
Enter Through The Widget Below
Open to the US Only
If You Missed It:
- Cover Reveal: PINNED UP by C. Michelle
- Blog Tour Review, Guest Post and Giveaway: Drowning In You by Rebecca Berto
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry
© 2012, Diayll – MotherGamerWriter. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll – MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- Cover Reveal: PINNED UP by C. Michelle – May 21, 2013
- Blog Tour Review, Guest Post and Giveaway: Drowning In You by Rebecca Berto – May 20, 2013
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14 – May 18, 2013
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming – May 17, 2013
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry – May 16, 2013