This Tour is Brought to You By: AToMR Book Blog Tours
You Can Find the Entire Tour Schedule HERE
Welcome to Mother/Gamer/Writer for the Eden’s Root Blog Tour! Today, please enjoy CrayolaKym’s review of this YA science-fiction/apocalyptic adventure. Also, the lovely author Rachel E. Fisher is giving away both eBooks and signed copies during this tour. So make sure you follow along for your chance to win! And as always, don’t forget to add it to you TBR shelf on Goodreads and check out the second novel, Seeds of War (Eden’s Root Trilogy, #2) !
- Title: Eden’s Root (Eden’s Root Trilogy, #1)
- Author: Rachel Fisher
- ISBN-13: 9781469902104
- Publication date: 4/28/2012
- Pages: 376
- Find it: Goodreads / Amazon/Barnes and Noble/Smashwords
The year is 2033 and the world hovers on the edge of explosion as unexplained crop deaths lead to severe global food shortages. In the United States, the Sickness is taking lives slowly, creeping its way into every family. Fi Kelly has already faced the Sickness in her own family, toughening her beyond her years. But a shocking confession from her dying father will push her toughness to its absolute limits. Saddled with an impossible secret and the mission of saving her little sister, Fi sets out to transform herself into the warrior that she must become to survive the coming collapse. Along the way, she will discover that evil can be accidental and that love can be intentional.
My Thought’s on Eden’s Root:
Eden’s Root is a refreshing reprieve from Vampires and Werewolves while following in the dystopian world footsteps of Hunger Games meets Soylent Green. Fi, a thirteen year old girl is faced with illness, danger, grief, survival, and love. She is a girl that even grown women such as myself can relate to, and I can easily see my own daughters within her.
Fi has faced the sickness and now must become a strong fighter and survivalist to protect those around her. Food is rare and sickness is rampant. She must gain the knowledge given by her father and in a short amount of time to prepare her for the journey she knows she must take upon herself. Everything from stealing, hunting, and fighting will have to be endured if she plans on keeping herself and her sister alive.
For being a young adult book, Eden’s Root factually frightening, and I don’t mean “BOO” frightening. I would advise those younger than 12 to have a serious talk with an adult about the setting of this book and as they progress through the book to raise their concerns to their parents because what Rachel writes isn’t too far from what our future could possibly hold. This book delves deep into humanity and many topics such as survival and environmentalism – which have become very important as of late.
Rachel creates characters which are very realistic, someone you could see yourself friends with, or actually becoming. There are however, so many characters throughout this book, I often had to try and recall who was who.As the book comes to a close, I highly recommend this wonderful read to all ages; even a great book to read to younger children. There is a lot to feel, experience, and love about Eden’s Root that I know you will love it too!
4 out of 5 Controllers
Enter Through The Widget Below
If You Missed It:
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show
- Digital Comic Books Give Fans a New and Exciting Experience
© 2012, Diayll – MotherGamerWriter. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll – MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14 – May 18, 2013
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming – May 17, 2013
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry – May 16, 2013
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show – May 15, 2013
- Digital Comic Books Give Fans a New and Exciting Experience – May 15, 2013