This Tour is Brought to You By: Dark Mind Book Tours
You Can Find the Entire Tour Schedule HERE
Welcome to Mother/Gamer/Writer for the Creating Fate Blog Tour! Today we welcome the fabulous author Rachel Firasek to the blog with a guest post on “Writing A Series With Multiple Authors”. Also, Rachel is giving away a 5 dollar gift card to one lucky person at this tour stop! So check out Creating Fate and the Unspun Trilogy, and don’t forget to add it to your shelf at Goodreads.
- Title: Creating Fate
- (An Unspun Novella, #1)
- Author: Rachel Firasek
- Genre: Paranormal Romance
- Length: Novella
- Find It: Amazon / Barnes And Noble / All Romance eBooks
Add Creating Fate to your TBR list on Goodreads!
She gave away her heart…
Giving her heart to a mortal wasn’t something the First Fate planned. Losing him nearly shattered her soul. Upon his death, Clothos swore never to love—or weave life—again.
Hoping she’ll change her mind before it’s too late, Zeus commands the spinner of life to take a much needed vacation from her immortal responsibilities.
He had to hide his…
Dane is close to cracking the drug ring he’s spent the last two years infiltrating, but needs to perform one last heist to meet the head man and prevent an impending war. An undercover agent, he’s now on the run from drug lords, thieves and with the very woman whose tears make him forget his purpose.
Together they’ll find a way back from the dark.
Chloe will have to put her trust in the man she believes may have killed her fiance, or face an eternity on Earth. Without the desire for life, hope could slip through the cracks of time if he doesn’t love away her sorrow.
Sisters by Pi
A good series that completes the circle needed to answer all questions is a hard task for a solo author, but try dividing that series into slices….it’s almost impossible.
Wiki describes the idea of Pi (which is really what Elle J Rossi, Berinn Rae and myself have done) below:
“It is a transcendental number - a number that cannot be produced with a finite sequence of algebraic operations (sums, products, powers, and roots). The transcendence of π implies that it is impossible to solve the ancient challenge of squaring the circle with a compass and ruler.”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi
What does this have to do with anything? Well, our lovely hostess, Diayll, asked me to talk about writing a series with other authors.
Let me tell you, it ain’t easy….well, unless you find absolutely ah-mazing authors like those two women I listed above.
1. We knew each other. It helped tremendously.
2. We are all pretty laid back chicks. No one is really a drama queen–don’t look at me–and we kind of went with the punches. When I would write my story and came to a part that included one of the other characters from theirs, we worked through it together. I don’t even want to know how many emails we sent back and forth.
3. We listened and compromised. If I really wanted something in my book, Elle and Berinn tried their hardest to make it happen, and I for them.
4. Keep it simple. We tried to keep our combined plot really simple so that we could manipulate it to our stories. I think that’s the only way something like this works.
5. Give yourself plenty of time. Even though these are novellas, we still gave ourselves a 6 month lead. We all had other projects to work on and this gave us the time we needed to give the project its due.
So, now you know what it took to bring together the Fates. I hope you’ll try each story and love every one! We’d love to hear from you if you do.
I’d love to know if you’ve ever worked on a joint project with other women. Please share your experience. Even if it wasn’t in writing. What worked? What didn’t? These should be fun!
Enter Through The Widget Below
About the Author:
Rachel Firasek grew up in the south and despite the gentle pace, she harassed life at full steam. Her curiosity about mythology, human nature, and the chemical imbalance we call love led her to writing. Her stories began with macabre war poems and shifted to enchanted fairytales, before she settled on a blending of the two. Today you’ll find her tucked on a small parcel of land, surrounded by bleating sheep and barking dogs, with her husband and children. She entertains them all with her wacky sense of humor or animated reenactments of bad 80’s dance moves. She’s intrigued by anything unexplained and seeks the answers to this crazy thing we call life. You can find her where the heart twists the soul and lights the shadows… or at www.rachelfirasek.com .
If You Missed It:
- Blog Tour Review, Guest Post and Giveaway: Drowning In You by Rebecca Berto
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show
© 2012, Diayll – MotherGamerWriter. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll – MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- Blog Tour Review, Guest Post and Giveaway: Drowning In You by Rebecca Berto – May 20, 2013
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #2: HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE Ch. 8 -14 – May 18, 2013
- Simplify Your Shelves: Prepare for The New Releases of 2013 & The Next Generation of Gaming – May 17, 2013
- ARC Review: Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) by Katie McGarry – May 16, 2013
- E3 2013: What to Expect or Hope For From This Year’s Show – May 15, 2013