Hi everyone and welcome toMother/Gamer/Writer for the Enchantment Blog Tour stop! I hope you all have had a lot of fun following along with the interviews, guest posts, and reviews. Thank you so much for coming to my side of the blogging planet and I hope you enjoy the enchanting guest post by author Lawna Mackie.
By Lawna Mackie
Available January 13, 2012 from MuseItUp Publishing.
Stumbling into the world of Enchantment brought Meeka everything she’d been searching for. Peace. Magic. A gorgeous knight in shining armor. Kerrigan is torn between his desire for Meeka and his duty as a dragon shifter guard to expel all foreigners.
Can Kerrigan keep Meeka safe as his enemies strive to turn her into a weapon that will destroy all he is bound to protect? Or will their passion override duty?
ENCHANTMENT is my first book and very near and dear to my heart. The heroine, Meeka, starts off as a young woman dealing with the heartaches of parents who have been alcoholics all her life. Her escape is falling into daydreams where she fantasizes fairy tales can be real. After a fall into the water by a magical beaver dam she is transported to the world of Enchantment where she eventually realizes fairy tales do exist…with some big differences.
This world has talking beavers and magic abound, such as an automatic bath brush that looks like a rabbit. While Meeka has always dreamed of a knight in shining armor, she didn’t expect him to end up being a dragon!
Kerrigan has a hard time controlling the beast within him especially where Meeka is concerned. With just a mere touch from her, his eyes change to an eerie reptilian shape and color. His fingernails disappear, replaced by claws.
Of course I couldn’t leave Meeka plain and simple. She is actually a sorceress and her powers grow daily while on Enchantment. With power comes danger and evil. Meeka is the target.
There is another character in this novel that I’m absolutely in love with…well, actually a couple. Threeo, is a Hippo-Dog-Burrowing Owl. In my novel he is called a Hipodogwl. What does that mean?
About five years ago I had a bizarre dream. In that dream I somehow managed to create the Hippo-Dog-Burrowing Owl. He is part hippopotamus, part dog, and part burrowing owl…go figure! Chocolate and Milk at bedtime does it to me every time. Here is a photo of Threeo I hope you’ll like him.
ENCHANTMENT is due to release any day from Muse It Up Publishing. I hope you’ll enjoy the read, and send me some comments about the critters I’ve invented. Happy reading everyone!
QUINN’S CHRISTMAS WISH – December 1, 2011 available through Amazon and Smashwords. http://amzn.to/AforX1
IMPOSSIBLE TO HOLD – December 19, 2011 released through Liquid Silver Books http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com
ENCHANTMENT – January 13, 2012 released through Muse It Up Publishing http://museituppublishing.com
About the Author:
I have always believed in fairy tales and when I got tired of the old ones I made up my own. Each story would have a hero and heroine, but they were anything but typical. I devoured my first romance novel when I was a teenager. I couldn’t read them fast enough. Years later I stumbled across my first paranormal romance…an injustice would be done if I tried to explain my joy when I found this genre of romance. My passion was finally in print. Now, with the help of my bizarre dreams and crazy imagination, I have started to write and intend to share my stories with you. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do. I am truly blessed. My husband and my animals are my inspiration. We live on a small acreage in Didsbury, Alberta, with our most beloved companions, Dozer, Daisy and Mandarin. Happy reading everyone, I sure would love to hear from you. www.lawnamackie.ca
- Graphic Novel Review: Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris Volume 4: The Vampire Men of Saturn
- Review: The Lazarus Machine (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures #1) by Paul Crilley
- “A Day in The Life” With Leigh Ann Kopans + Review and Swag Giveaway!
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #6: One Foot in The Grave Ch. 11-21
- Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2013: June Link-Up and Giveaway!
- Tech Friday: Which High Quality eReader is Right For You?
- New Series Alert and Review: The Circle (The Sidhe #1) by Cindy Cipriano
© 2012, Diayll – MotherGamerWriter. All rights reserved.
Latest posts by Diayll – MotherGamerWriter (Posts)
- Graphic Novel Review: Warlord of Mars: Dejah Thoris Volume 4: The Vampire Men of Saturn – June 18, 2013
- Review: The Lazarus Machine (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures #1) by Paul Crilley – June 17, 2013
- “A Day in The Life” With Leigh Ann Kopans + Review and Swag Giveaway! – June 15, 2013
- Night Huntress Series Read-a-Long Discussion #6: One Foot in The Grave Ch. 11-21 – June 15, 2013
- Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2013: June Link-Up and Giveaway! – June 15, 2013