Cooking With Seanna Experiement #1: Rice Krispie Treats
Anyone who’s ever met me knows I’m no chef. My experience in the kitchen is, well, limited at best. However, since the birth of my daughter four years ago, I’ve made a strong effort to learn how to cook and prepare meals we both can enjoy. Though I’m no health nut I do try to keep vegetables and fruits regularly on the menu while creating what I like to call my Supermom-On-The-Go meals. And come to find out, I’m a pretty darn good cook when I put my mind to it. 🙂 My dad would be so proud. In these Cooking With Seanna Posts, I will be featuring some fun little desserts and meals (and messes) my daughter and I make together. And sometimes, it just might be all messes…
What We Made Today…
Rice Krispie Treats
Being that this was my first time making these delicious treats ( I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!) I used the simplest recipe I could find:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 package of large marshmallows
- 5 cups krispy rice cereal
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir them until they’ve melted.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat.
- Continue to stir for a few more minutes.
- Add the krispy rice cereal and stir until it’s coated with melted marshmallows.
- Spread the rice krispy treats evenly in a pan and let them cool.
- Cut the treats into squares.
And So We Cook…
Now, I must admit this experiment was pretty simple. Because we used colored marshmallows our treats turned out pinkish purple. And my only complaint was that I never thought to make these sooner. We aren’t big dessert/sweet eaters but these treats offer just enough to keep our sweet tooth satisfied for a while. Next time we might even get a little wild and try some other fun variations!