Sign-Ups Open For The Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2015
Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel
Challenge 2015 (M/G/V)
Happy Holiday’s and BIG Thanks to everyone who joined us for the 2014 Challenge! And for those of you that don’t know or are new to the blog, each year Mother/Gamer/Writer hosts the Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge where folks can read along with us through various comics, graphic novels, and novels about your favorite video games! If you’ve never joined us before you can learn all about the 2015 Challenge below or view more information at The Sign-Up Page!
We hope to see some of you there next year!
2015 Challenge Details:
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. You can sign up at any time.
- You do NOT need a blog to participate as long as you have a Goodreads page or somewhere that you can review the books that you have read. Nor do you have to live in the United States.
- You do NOT have to read an ARC, or books published in 2015. And all book formats are acceptable, print, digital/ebooks, etc.
- Any book counts as long as it fits into one of the 3 chosen categories: Manga (all types of comic books are acceptable), Graphic Novels, Video Game Based Novels (Such as books based off of Warhammer, World of Warcraft, HALO, Mass Effect, Dungeons and Dragons, etc).
- If you are participating in more than one challenge, books are allowed to cross over into this challenge.
- Link-ups will be different this year: Link Up Posts will be posted on January 1st for the months of January-March, April 1st for April-June, July 1st for July-September, October 1st for October-December.
- There will be a Mid Challenge Giveaway of a $15 iTunes, Amazon, or B & N Gift Card in July to 2 participants who are actively participating in the challenge!
- There will be an End Challenge Giveaway in December of a $15 iTunes, Amazon, or B & N Gift Card in July to 2 participants who are actively participating in the challenge!
Pick Your Badges!
PLEASE READ THE CHALLENGE GUIDELINES AND ENTER YOUR LINK BELOW TO BE ENTERED IN THE CHALLENGE!
2015 Challenge Guidelines:
- If you have a blog, create a post announcing your participation in the challenge. Please include a link back to this post (from your actual post announcing your participation in the challenge, not a link to your blog) and grab a challenge button.
- Non bloggers: participate by linking up your profile URL from the site you plan to post your reviews on such as Facebook, Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Amazon, etc.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them, the choice is yours.
- Crossovers to other reading challenges are acceptable.
- You can choose to read books from each of the categories (as explained below) or you can read books from a combination of 1 or 2 of the categories (ex: if you are not interested in reading Video Game Tie-in’s but read a lot of Manga or GN’s). For instance you can read 11 graphic novels and 1 video game based novel. Or, all the books can come from one category. The choice is yours as long as you are reading!
5 Challenge Levels (Based on Video Game Settings):
Level 1 Arcade Gamer – Casual Player
- Read a total of 12 books (1 for each month).
Level 2 Tomb Raider- Normal Player
- Read a total of 15 – 25 books.
Level 3 Warcraft – Hardcore Player
- Read a total of 25 – 35 books.
Level 4 Call of Duty – Veteran Player
- Read a total of 35 – 45 books.
Level 5 HALO Style – Legendary Player
- Read a total of 45 – 55 books.
The objective is to challenge yourself and see how many books in the above genres you can read in a year. You can always go up a level but you can never go down. This is a great challenge for people who have never tried a Graphic Novel or Video Game based novel, for people who are discovering them for the first time, and for those of us who are gamers that read books based off of some of our favorite games! If you are unsure if a book will fit into any of the aforementioned categories or you have general questions, don’t hesitate to CONTACT ME.
Thanks everyone in advance for your participation. And don’t forget to spread the word!
Are you ready to join? Sign up right here!: