5 Fun Facts + Excerpt: Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy #2) by Karina Halle
Happy Release Day to Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy #2) by Karina Halle! Check out 5 Awesome Facts about Shooting Scars and Karina and read the exclusive Hotel Room Excerpt. To celebrate, Karina will be also doing a Facebook chat today, 8/20, at 6 PM EST / 3 PM EST – just click here to join the event –easy peasy!
Shooting Scars by Karina Halle
Series: The Artists Trilogy #2
Published by: Grand Central Publishing on August 20, 2013
View on: Goodreads
Grab it: Buy on Amazon
About the Book:
Sometimes the right choice can be the deadliest. When Ellie Watt made the ultimate sacrifice for Camden McQueen, she never thought it would be easy. But walking away with her ex-lover, Javier Bernal, in order to ensure Camden's safety has brought a whole new set of dangers. With Javier's plans for Ellie growing more secretive by the moment, Ellie must find a way to stay ahead of the game before her past swallows her whole.
Meanwhile, Camden's new life is short-lived. Fueled by revenge and pursued by authorities, he teams up with an unlikely partner in order to save Ellie. But as Camden toes the line between love and retribution, he realizes that in order to get back the woman he loves, he may have to lose himself in the process. He might just turn into the very man he's hunting.
5 Fun Facts About Shooting Scars:
- Javier has this boat in the book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w7ERQMtDW4 It’s a mega ketch called Twizzle, though in the book it has a different name. All I know is, I want this boat and hey you can rent it from its port in the Mediterranean for only $200,000.00 a week!
- I wrote Shooting Scars in about two weeks. I was fueled by energy drinks and movie soundtracks (think Bourne Supremacy and Green Zone). I even went away to a local bed and breakfast for a few days to really hunker down and give it my all. On the last day of writing, I wrote 12K words before I handed it in. Man, I’m getting all jazzed up again just thinking about it. Shooting Scars was a fun, high-adrenaline, stressful journey for me and I loved every minute of it!
- The main character in The Artist Trilogy is named Ellie, who is named after my old dog, who was named after the character Ellie Satler in Jurassic Park, one of my favorite books and movies (I was obsessed)
- I met my fiance when I was casting a book trailer for the third book of my Experiment in Terror series. He answered the Craiglist ad for the character of Dex and it was love at first.
- I won a Jessica Simpson look-alike contest where I got to meet her and go on stage with her!