“Fifteen Random Facts” + Giveaway With Author Shannon Richard
Please welcome today’s Featured Author Shannon Richard to Mother/Gamer/Writer. Shannon is the author of Undone, the first novel in her Country Roads Series. Today, she’s here to give us 15 random facts about Undone – a novel where small town sparks fly, and a copy of the novel! So check out the awesome guest post and enter for your chance to win!
Undone by Shannon Richard
Series: Country Roads #1
Published by: Forever Yours, Grand Central Publishing on July 2, 2013
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Romance
View on: Goodreads
Grab it: Buy on Amazon
About the Book:
Things Paige Morrison will never understand about Mirabelle, Florida:
Why wearing red shoes makes a girl a harlot
Why a shop would ever sell something called "buck urine"
Why everywhere she goes, she runs into sexy-and infuriating-Brendan King
After losing her job, her apartment, and her boyfriend, Paige has no choice but to leave Philadelphia and move in with her retired parents. For an artsy outsider like Paige, finding her place in the tightly knit town isn't easy-until she meets Brendan, the hot mechanic who's interested in much more than Paige's car. In no time at all, Brendan helps Paige find a new job, new friends, and a happiness she wasn't sure she'd ever feel again. With Brendan by her side, Paige finally feels like she can call Mirabelle home. But when a new bombshell drops, will the couple survive, or will their love come undone?
Fifteen Random Facts About Undone:
- Though I spell it Claire in Undone, Brendan and Grace’s mom is named after Clare Abshire from The Time Traveler’s Wife. I had the movie on in the background when I was writing Claire for the first time. I do enjoy the movie, but I love that book. Even though it absolutely rips my heart out and leaves me a sobbing mess, it’s one of my favorites.
- Originally, Lula Mae was going to be Brendan and Grace’s great aunt. But I loved writing her so much that I had to make her a bigger part of the story. Plus, I think she’s just sassy enough to keep Brendan and Grace in line.
- The scene at the fair where Brendan wins Paige a stuffed elephant was inspired by Randy Pausch’s The Last Lecture.
- Brendan’s little sister Grace was the first character that I created from Mirabelle.
- Mirabelle is actually based off of the small town of Carrabelle, Florida (and FranklinCounty as a whole). Like Mirabelle, FranklinCounty is just south of Tallahassee and is right on the Gulf of Mexico.
- Brendan’s dog Sydney was named after Sydney Bristow from Alias. Originally she was going to be a rescued Grey Hound, but I changed her to a fluffy half-husky after a suggestion from a friend.
- The Sleepy Sheep was inspired from my favorite restaurant back home. It’s an Irish Pub called McGuire’s and it has signed dollar bills stapled to the ceilings and walls. They also have the best burgers.
- I went to a Sugarland concert about a week before I started writing Undone. I was listening to their music on repeat throughout the writing process and a lot of my inspiration came from their words. The book actually got its title from their song We Run.
- There is a little bit of my mother behind the characters of Lula Mae King, Denise Morison, and Pinky and Panky Player.
- Just like Paige, Christmas is my favorite holiday and I have snowman Christmas sheets. And yes they are wearing bathing suits.
- Brendan’s spiel about hunting being less barbaric than raising cattle was taken almost word for word from a co-worker. It would have to be, because I know absolutely nothing about hunting.
- Brendan is based off of Chris Evans. This is probably why Captain America is now one of my favorite superheroes.
- I’ve smelled buck urine. It is one of the most fowl smells ever.
- Paige is a caffeine addict. This comes from me needing coffee in the morning to even act remotely human.
- The Bethelda Grimshaw articles were beyond fun to write. I’d never written a character like hers before, one who is so incredibly cold-hearted and vindictive. It was pretty much always an experiment of how much meaner I could get with it. She’s one of those characters that you just love to hate.